Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The I deep inside me!!

Ever since i am here in ISB, a few things run into my mind so often!!I am asked a few questions on a regular basis!!not just here at ISB but since my professional life has started!!
Let me try and address this question in my blog!! Atleast I cant get into arguments

1)I cant believe u dont have a girlfriend/Arent you going around with anyone-short term/long term!!
2) i cant believe u dont booze
3) Are a vegetarian by choice or religion!

for the 1st question, my answer is i dont know why u want me to know if I believe it or not!!
ohh btw, do i need to have one just becoz all have?? I know its peer pressure for most of them/but not for me!!I dont do things i just becoz my peers do!! Btw, who said having a girlfriend adds colour in life?? definitely not me.... Ahh in case i have one too, u will get a negative reply from me.....i am not the one who can go tomtoming about having a girlfriend etc etc!!! I find that a lot of them have take great pride in using this terms "am going around" ,"was going around" "broke up with her" "we didnt get along well with each other"
another ridiculous question i get is "is it for short term/long term" well i never knew one had short term girlfriends and long tem girlfriends, as in short term investments and long term investments!! dont u get returns if u have short term or long term??
2) well my first question is why should I ?? i have no love failures, have committed no crimes and i am pretty well mentally stable.....Most ppl whom i ask...well of course after they have drowned themselves in a peg or 2, or maybe on the verge of passing out, say that they dont drink becoz they like it!!!
well, lets not get into an argument!! will talk to u once u r drunk!!
whatever be the reasons, as far as I am concerned I am not going to be darooed!!
its just not enuf if u like ur great leaders,u should be able to learn from them!!
In the end, we are just a culmination of what our inspirations are, isnt it?? its no use if u can give a speech about great personalities, or even give PPTs about them if cant replicate a strand of their qualities.
I am not trying to preach again.I just ask this simple question for myself? If I had a son or a daughter would I like them [rather accept them] when they booze or fag or anything for that matter? If the answer is a big NO, then I should not be doing it!!!!

3)this question is even more ridiculous!
let me answer this question simply--yes i am a veg by religion!!
say dont u agree with me on the following points!
Religion is existant on this planet ever since human has existed!! religion could not have been formed just by picking arbitrary names on this planet and making a "GOD" out of it!!
Religions have not be formed in a day or two...its again a evolution of practises and recognition of a pattern of beliefs.
so in the end u were an X-caste guy or a Y-caste guy, becoz u followed a particular set of beliefs.
[I am not disputing that X is right or Y is right..hope that is clear].And now if u bloody well beg to differ from it then who the hell cares for it!! It just means U lack social responsibility and always put ur self interests ahead of the norms.U may call it freedom/rational interests/change etc whatever u want.But the truth is u are breaking a few of the tenets [that form the core of religion u r supposed to belong to ] followed by ur forefathers/grandfather/father a whole set of lineage, and U were expected to follow this.
Now does that make u feel a little responsible??
So the summary again would mean that I believe in what beliefs my religion has preached and I simply take the goods of humanity out of it and follow it!So there is nothing like vegetarian by choice or religion.
For ppl still reading till now,my reason why i am a veg is the following.
Man by nature is a herbivore.He doesnt have canine teeth in the front of his mouth, like many carnivores do.And so is his digestive system-designed to be a vegetarian one.
imagine u are in chennai/mangalore/mumbai in one of summer months.U are walking on the road hungry and tired.Its very hot and humid.U come across a vendor who is selling some roadside food. now this food is in the same place for about 3 days.Would u eat it??
Most 'hygenic' ppl would refrain from eating, isnt it??for obvious reasons, that the food would rot.
Now deep inside ur stomach, its a similar situation-very hot and humid.Human body, on an average requires about 40-48 hours to digest a piece of meat.Imagine what condition this meat undergoes by the time it becomes non existant from the moment u have taken in.
Becoz the meat rots and is difficult to digest, ur body starts producing more enzymes to digest it, thus causing u to be more active albeit an unhealthy one.
For ppl ready bash me up with an arguments about meat building ur body, for muscles and stuff...please google about bruce lee about his food eating habits!u will learn the fact that he was a vegetarian!![argument continuess....................................]
ok i am pretty much done for the day!! have a class in the afternoon.
Yesterday i met up with vikas, was happy to see his family.......he is newly married.I see so much of change in him..He talks walks and breathes responsibility these days!!!So much a marriage can do!! So should i stay away from it??atleast for the time being??
have to meet up with my groupmates. all groups have met up atleast once...my group is a little slow to start of with.....hope it runs in a full steam after sometime....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home